A dance educator must have the ability to teach educational/ arts integrated dance and movement classes based on a unique curriculum developed by Carolina Dance Collaborative, LLC.. The position requires work with parents, school officials, site coordinators, and many other types of people to track student development, success, and improvement. A Dance Educators must provide a positive, healthy, and safe environment for the students and site coordinators alike The educator is required to provide weekly reports pertaining to their site and give upper management feed back on the progression of their classes..
• Teach broad range of populations and demographics the elements of dance based on CDC Curriculum
• Instruct students on dance technique, terminology, and history in the genres of creative
movement, ballet, modern, jazz, and hip-hop.
• Guide movement activities and exercises that combine dance elements and genres with the concepts of childhood development, blooms taxonomy, and specific themes established by CDC Curriculum.
• Provide a safe and positive environment for all sites
• Provide nutrition education and health initiatives for all sites
• Provide weekly reports with feedback on curriculum and class success.
• Work with school officials, parents, and site coordinators to track student success and improvement
• Provide quality customer service and satisfaction to all sites involved
• Use Dance Studio Pro to track student attendance, upload pictures, and lesson plans based on site.
• Conduct surveys and end of session reports
• Attend all classes, events, and meetings as scheduled
• Achieve company objectives and goals
• High school diploma/ GED Equivalent
• CPR Certified/First Aid Certified
Experience and Knowledge::
• Prior dance pedagogy in instruction, history, and terminology of dance is required.
• Previous experience working with children is required and knowledge of elementary education is suggested but not required.
• Previous experience in marketing, sales, and customer services is suggested
• Prior experience working with special needs and disabilities as well as working with senior citizens is suggested but not required.
• Dance Educators are Independent Contract Employees (1099)
• Job requires in state traveling to and from sites
• Job may require TB Test and Background Check
• Job may request volunteer hours on occasion
Mobile Dance Outreach Non-profit
To engage the Carolinas with quality dance education through community driven collaborations.